May 5, 2008

just a tracey apartment update

Just to keep this blog updated ... and to give me another place to talk about my apartment.

Well I got the go-ahead to start moving in on Saturday.
With Max in the cities all weekend, I took I did as much work as I could without him.

I've decided to move room by room. Saturday as soon as my landlord left I painted one wall in the kitchen. It was the grubbiest and the wall the sink is on so I knew I'd look at it and be grossed out every time I washed the dishes. I didn't want to take on the task of painting the whole kitchen, so just did the one wall. I think it looks crisp and clean!
This kitchen is a bit smaller with adequate storage, wood floors and no wood paneling! It's very white and bright. I can't wait for you'all to come up and have a cup of coffee with me in my new kitchen ... cute cute cute.
I think I will use some left over fabric keri gave me to make a nice bright white shade so I can go to the fridge in my nightgown and not worry the neighbors are peeping in!

Tonight I'm focusing on the bathroom. It's half the size of my current bath ... but that just means less place for dog hair tumble weeds to gather. Man do they get everywhere!
Bought a new shower head for only $18 and it's a world of difference. I don't know how the old tenants even showered with the limecrusted old one. yuck. I'm going to treat max and I to some nice Aveda products as a housewarming gift to our self!

Charlie is loving the new place following me every time I went up there over the weekend and believe me it was A LOT! I am soooooo sore today. My calf muscles are killing me!

One thing I 'm really liking about the new place is how bright it stays up there into the night. Around 5 or 6 when I'd go down stairs it was considerably darker in my apartment. That's a real bonus ... I can't wait for the long summer nights to come!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

oh fun! moving is fun! especially if it is just upstairs!!